The Local Technology Planning Team grant program will award funds to projects and entities that best address the following tasks:
- Improve the inventory of data, studies, and other resources to enhance the deployment of broadband technology.
- Create a shared, structured, and formalized process for the collection and dissemination of information critical for the successful deployment of broadband infrastructure and technologies.
- Identify and benchmark regional or community specific information and broadband performance needs, requirements, and interests.
- Develop region or community specific broadband deployment and monitoring plans to address the specific needs, requirements, and interests.
- Develop strategies for public/private collaboration to increase efficiency of delivering services to the public.
Use the link to find more information and application materials. All grant application materials must be submitted by 5 p.m. May 31, 2012.